Allergic reactions to food can be very sudden, extremely frightening and potentially life-threatening if not responded to immediately and correctly. This Allergy Awareness course has been developed by Creative Learning Solutions who are highly experienced in training individuals and groups across many industry sectors from hotels, to healthcare, to prisons.
This course identifies the allergens most commonly responsible for allergic reactions and provides vital instruction on what to do should someone suffer an allergic response. It provides practical advice on how to make sure that your establishment complies with new food safety regulations and suggests how to ensure customers or staff are able to make informed choices when selecting what food to safely eat.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Allergy Awareness (Duration 1 hour)
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify a variety of foods that can cause allergic reactions
- Describe the labelling requirements for pre-packaged foods
- Give examples of ways in which information about allergenic ingredients of food can be provided to consumers on unpaged foods
- Explain the actions to take should someone show signs of having an allergic reaction
Topics explored in this course, Allergy Awareness:
- Allergic Reactions to food including Anaphylaxis
- What the law says and who it applies to
- Types of food causing an allergic reaction or intolerance
- Action to take if things go wrong
- Coeliac disease and lactose intolerance
- Labelling requirement for prepacked foods
- Labelling requirement for unpackaged foods
- How to raise customer awareness
- Avoiding cross contamination in large and micro food businesses