With the threat to our children’s physical and mental health on the rise from new avenues such as the internet and social media, it has never been more important to equip ourselves with the ability to recognise a child in trouble and understand the ways in which we can help safeguard them.
This Child Protection Level One course, developed by industry training experts Espirita Learning, is designed for all non-clinical staff who work within healthcare and addresses the legislation surrounding child protection. By creating an educated, competent and committed workforce of vigilant practitioners, we can stop vulnerable children from ‘slipping through the net’.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Child Protection Level 1 (Duration 30 minutes)
After completing this course learners will be able to:
• Understand The Children Act 1989
• State the categories and common indicators of abuse
• Describe what steps to take if abuse is suspected
• State the five outcomes outlined in ‘Every Child Matters’
• Explain the risks associated with children on the internet
• Understand the importance of information sharing
• Know what preventative measures to take where potential for abuse is identified
Topics explored in this course, Child Protection Level 1:
• Types and signs of abuse
• FGM and radicalisation
• The Internet
• Looked after children
• Barriers to disclosing abuse
• Action to take if abuse is suspected
• The Referral Process
• Information Sharing