At some time, we’ve all suffered that excruciating feeling of trying to keep our eyes open when all we want to do is fall asleep. In many cases, the worst that happens is that we embarrass ourselves in a meeting, but for healthcare professionals, who most frequently find themselves sleep deprived, there can be very serious consequences of succumbing to drowsiness.
This short course, Consequences of Sleeping on Duty, developed by accredited CPD provider and healthcare training specialists Espirita Learning, is designed to give healthcare workers vital information on how to stay awake and alert on shift.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Consequences of Sleeping on Duty (Duration 30 minute
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the legal and personal consequences of falling asleep at work
- Understand the consequence to your clients and recognise your responsibility
- Know how to reduce the risk of falling asleep
- Learn ways in which sleep deficit can be managed
- Identify techniques that help the body maintain a state of alertness
Topics explored in this course, Consequences of Sleeping on Duty:
- Reducing the risk
- Stay awake, stay alert
- Your responsibility
- The first night shift
- Useful advice
- Case studies