We’ve all heard of high profile court cases where an individual successfully prosecutes a company for injury or illness resulting from their work environment. These kind of law suits happen all the time at varying levels of seriousness, which is why health and safety legislation has been developed with the intention of protecting companies and employees alike.
Contravention of safety law can result not only in serious ramifications for the injured party, but in hefty fines and even imprisonment for the company so it is well worth knowing your responsibilities as a business and as an individual.This short course, developed by industry training specialists Creative Learning Solutions, explains your legal health and safety obligations as an employer or employee and explores the penalties and consequences of poor safety in the workplace.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Health and Safety Law (Duration 1 hour)
After completing the course, learners will be able to know:
- The differences between civil and criminal law and the effect of the European Courts on UK safety legislation
- The duties placed on employers, employees and others by the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Who enforces Health and Safety and how
- The consequences of contravening current safety legislation
Topics explored in the course Health & Safety Law:
- Criminal vs Civil law and the consequences
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Regulations and European Directives
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Law enforcement