Every day we make countless, almost unconscious risk assessments in order to make it through life in one piece; whether that is crossing the road, climbing a ladder or simply balancing one box on top of another. The same principle can, and should, apply to life in our workplace.
A simple risk assessment can prevent injury or damage and save your organisation time and money in absenteeism and sick pay. This short course, Health & Safety Risk Assessment, has been developed by training specialists Creative Learning Solutions and explains how you can assess risk in the workplace and what controls or measures you need to implement upon assessing those risks.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Health and Safety Risk Assessment (Duration 1 hour)
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the differences between risks and hazards
- Explain how the five step risk assessment process impacts on safety in the workplace
- Identify how the risk associated with identified hazards can be eliminated or minimised
- Describe the personal role employees play in helping to implement the controls identified and agreed, resulting from an assessment of risk
Topics explored in this course, Health & Safety Risk Assessment:
- Risks vs hazards
- The five step risk assessment process
- Who’s at risk
- Controls & implementation