The hazards faced by those working in a hospital or community care setting are very different to those an office worker may be presented with. Risks to staff range from biological, such as infectious diseases or anaesthetic gas; through to physical risks such as patient handling or long night shifts on foot.
It is impossible to remove every risk in more predictable environments let alone healthcare settings, so it remains the duty of the employers and responsibility of the employees to ensure they are well informed. This Health & Safety for Healthcare Workers course has been developed by healthcare sector training experts, Espirita Learning, and is designed especially for health and social care providers. The course imparts practical advice on risk assessment, management and regulation in line with the latest UK legislation.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Health & Safety for Healthcare Workers (Duration 1 hour 30 mins)
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Better understand health and safety legislation
- Gain an overview of potential hazards associated with RIDDOR and COSHH
- Be knowledgeable about fire prevention including equipment evacuation and escape routes
- Gain greater awareness of the risks and control of infections
- Exercise correct lifting and carrying techniques
- Understand principles of information governance and complaint handling
Topics explored in this course, Health and Safety for Healthcare Workers:
- Legislation and the various associated acts
- RIDDOR and COSHH
- Recording and reporting
- Fire prevention, equipment and evacuation
- Infection control
- Moving and handling
- Lone workers
- Aggression control
- Information governance
- Handling complaints