All workplaces inevitably contain hazards that affect health and safety if not carefully controlled. Whether the risk comes from fire, workstation equipment or stress and anxiety, all employers have a duty to protect their staff from harm. Likewise, there is an onus on employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as the welfare of their colleagues. Sadly, ignorance can affect lives if health and safety regulations are flouted.
This Health & Safety for Office Workers online course has been developed by training professionals, Espirita Learning, and demonstrates the fundamental need for awareness of the risks and hazards that can be encountered in an office environment. It seeks to equip employers and employees with the knowledge to assess, manage and prevent risks in their workplace, in line with latest UK legislation.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Health & Safety for Office Workers (Duration 1 hour 30 minutes)
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the legislation surrounding ‘Health and Safety at Work’
- Recognise employee and employer’s responsibilities in the workplace to keep themselves and others safe
- Be knowledgeable about handling hazardous substances
- Understand when it is appropriate to record and report accidents, incidents and near misses
- Understand fire safety principles including the fire triangle and the requirements for fire prevention
- Identify workplace procedures for fire precautions, firefighting equipment, means of escape and planning for an emergency
- Gain an overview of the anatomy of the spine, common injuries and the principles of safe moving and handling
Topics explored in this course, Health and Safety for Office Workers:
- Health & safety legislation
- RIDDOR, COSHH
- Fire safety
- Extinguishers & their use
- Planning & evacuation
- Moving and handling
- Risk assessment
- Lone workers
- Managing work related stress
- Workstation & DSE assessment
- Violence & aggression