The healthcare sector is privy to some of our most sensitive personal information and we trust that it is dealt with confidentially and discreetly. As such, all staff within a healthcare setting have a responsibilty to conform to the laws of Information Governance.
Information Governance refers to the way the NHS or social care organisations deal with patient and employee data and how the sharing of this information between care provision services is regulated. This course, developed by healthcare industry training experts Espirita Learning, examines information governance legislation, Caldicott protocols, the role of the Caldicott Guardian and staff responsibilities with a focus on issues that are relevant to healthcare professionals.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Information Governance (Duration 30 minutes)
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand what information governance is
- Refer to legislation underpinning information governance including the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Be knowledgeable about the Caldicott principles and the role of Caldicott Guardian
- Follow the principles of information governance and their responsibility in relation to safeguarding patient and organisational information
- Benefit from an introduction to the information governance toolkit
Topics explored in this course, Information Governance:
- Defining information governance
- Freedom of Information Act
- Confidential information
- Caldicott principles
- Information sharing
- Information governance toolkit