Accidents in the work environment are commonplace, often causing pain, distress, time off work and associated costs to the individuals and businesses concerned. Many accidents can be avoided with proper observation of the health and safety guidelines and legislation that has been put in place by regulatory bodies to protect both employer and employee.
Knowing your responsibilities is paramount to maintaining a safe, healthy and, hopefully, happy workforce. This short course, developed by industry training specialists Creative Learning Solutions, introduces the basic principles of health and safety for the workplace.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Introduction to Health and Safety (Duration 1 hour)
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of good standards of health and safety and the possible consequences of inadequate health and safety to the company, employee and others
- Explain the meaning of common health and safety terms
- Describe the role of the company Health and Safety policy statement
- Give examples of common causes of work-related accidents and illnesses
Topics explored in this course, Introduction to Health & Safety:
- Health & Safety statistics
- Benefits and costs
- Injuries and ill health
- The meaning of RIDDOR