Musculoskeletal disorders as a result of manual handling injuries are the most common work-related injury in the UK. Not only are they very painful and debilitating for the recipient, they can be highly costly for the organisation in terms of lost man hours and, in the worst case, expensive law suits.
This Manual Handling module, prepared by training specialists Creative Learning Solutions, is designed to teach employers and employees how to lift, carry and move objects safely with a view to minimising the risks of injury in the workplace.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Manual Handling (Duration 1 hour)
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the risk factors linked to different types of manual handling injuries
- Identify how the human body can be affected by moving loads incorrectly
- Give examples of mechanical aids that can be used to minimise the risk of injury
- Identify each section of the TILE acronym and explain how it can be applied within a manual handling risk assessment
Topics explored in this course, Manual Handling:
- An introduction to manual handling
- Definition and the law
- Manual handling injuries
- Common causes of back pain
- Back injuries and causes
- Reducing the risk of injury