Absenteeism from work due to poor moving and handling technique has significant financial repercussions for organisations not to mention the inconvenience and pain that can be caused to individuals suffering the physical consequences.
With the necessity for patient handling, workers in the healthcare sector can find themselves particularly susceptible to moving and handling related injury. Created by healthcare training specialists, Espirita Learning, this Moving and Handling Essentials course is a short, introductory module designed for healthcare workers and covers: moving and handling definitions; correct lifting techniques; legislation; as well as employer and employee duties and responsibilities designed to keep a safe, healthy and happy workforce.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Moving and Handling Essentials (Duration 30 minutes)
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand what moving and handling is
- Recall definitions of manual handling mnemonics
- Gain a brief overview of the anatomy of the spine and intervertebral discs
- Identify common injuries and their causes
- Demonstrate correct lifting techniques
- Be able to make risk assessments
- Recognise the risks posed by working in client’s homes
- Be knowledgeable about legislation surrounding moving and handling
- Understand what to report and who to report to
- Identify employer and employee duties and responsibilities
Topics explored in this course, Moving and Handling Essentials:
- Overview of manual handling
- Anatomy of the spine
- Intervertebral discs
- Causes of injuries
- Correct lifting technique
- Common Injuries
- Reporting and recording