If you’re a care practioner working in the community, the risk of incident or injury to yourself and your client becomes intertwined as work-space and home become one and the same thing. Responsibility for your personal health and safety is extended to assess the risks to your client, especially when considering factors of age, eyesight, limited mobility, muscle weakness and other health conditions.
This course, developed by healthcare training specialists, Espirita Learning, educates learners about the most common slip, trip and fall hazards whilst working in a community setting and provides practical instruction on how to carry out a risk assessment. It explores how to prevent hazards from posing a threat to clients and care workers through the implementation of control measures such as good housekeeping, changes to design, thorough maintenance, suitable flooring, footwear and proper cleaning.
Price per user. Bulk discounts available.
Nimble Course - Slips, Trips & Falls - Community (Duration 30 minutes)
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify who is at risk of slips, trips and falls
- Understand your role in the prevention of slips, trips and falls
- Assess the main slips, trips and falls hazards specific to you and your clients
- Reduce the risks of slips, trips and falls in your setting
- Know how to accurately record and report incidents in line with the law
Topics explored in this course, Slips, Trips and Falls – Community:
- Latest statistics
- Reasons for slips and trips
- Physical risks
- Cognitive risks
- Eyesight and hearing
- Specialist seating
- Factors affecting the risk of falling
- Age UK ‘Stop Falling’
- The law
- Reporting and recording
- Policies and procedures